She never played it. Therefore, I took the guitar and started looking up some songs to play. Music has alway come easy to me. I played Saxophone for 8 years. I composed my own solos for saxophone. I don't think learning guitar can be that hard for me. Yes, it will be challenging but I really think I can do it! I have faith in myself. I added it to my Day Zero Project. I'm slowly getting it 101 goals.I am about half way through my book, House Rules by Jodi Picoult. After I read a couple chapters, I am going to sew the sleeves onto a shirt I have been working on and then probably work on some guitar playing. xD

Ah good for you picking up a new instrument! I've always wanted to learn how to play the guitar & I think it's impressive that you wrote your own solos on your saxophone. Awesome! I played the piano & used to try to write my own music...but I got frustrated because I didn't know how to play very well & I didn't have the patience to just write down each note I played..so I just played whatever I felt like. It's too bad I never recorded it!
ReplyDeleteGlad you're enjoying your book! :)
I wish we could teach each other! I play guitar, have been playing for seven years or so. I taught myself pretty much everything and I'm sure you can do the same. :D
ReplyDeleteI always wanted to learn saxophone, you see... but I played piano, guitar and drums and that was quite enough learning through my early teenage years. It never hurts to try something new. :D Good for you!
I haven't read that book, but I've read her book My Sister's Keeper. I heard she's a terrific author so I hope you like that one too (my best friend says it's really good).
Good luck! I used to play guitar when I was younger, but I never picked it up easily. I'm sure it will come easy to you, since you already have musical background. :)
ReplyDelete