Friday, February 11, 2011

Two Weeks of School So Far, Here is How I Feel

I am two weeks into the semester. I hate it. I have five classes and I will summarize them for you.

Effective Speech- The teacher, inronically is mono toned and repeats what he says over and over again to fill time. He usually does this in the last 20 minutes of class.

Developmental Reading- The biggest joke. I technically tested out of this class but you can't test out until the end of the semester which I was told, I most likely will. Until then, I'm learning how to read.

Principles of Mathematics- I took Calculus in High School. This is a watered down Algebra class. This is a requirement for my major. The teacher waddles like a hobbit and is 20 minutes late every class so far.

Intro to Microcomputers- It's an alright class, it's a basic windows 7 class but atleast I get to do some hands on activities even if I already know how to do the stuff.

Developmental Reading Lab- This is where I MUST sign into the system for an hour every week and read from a computer screen. =/

I'm also still trying to find a job. I applied to some places last Friday. Hopefully I'll get a couple phone calls. =]

1 comment:

  1. All of these classes sound like a major joke..something that a foreign exchange student would have to take. Why are you taking classes that you are clearly too smart for?! I know you mentioned that it's for your major, but don't some of the classes from high school allow you to take upper division courses or more difficult courses for your major? Oh well, try to make the best out of it & think, "EASY A's!!!!!!" That'll be a huge plus & a great boost to your GPA. :)

    Good luck with finding a job!! Job market is tough out there, so hopefully one of the places you applied to will call you back. Although if they don't, just call them back because if you're aggressive about getting the job & you want it that badly, they'll probably hire you in a heartbeat!

    ReplyDelete