I have applied absolutely everywhere and it is hopeless to find a real part-time job. Let's see: Acme, Dicks, Five Below, Home Depot (What a joke), Old Navy, PetSmart, Sears, Shop-rite (They told me that I have applied too many time and could apply again), Target and Toys R us (They denied my application). They were all the online applications. Which I dislike online applications alot. Yes, they can be very convenient, you can do them right from you bed or couch or where ever you want to. There are many flaws to online applications.
Firstly, by doing an online application, you can just sit around and be lazy but if you fill out a paper application. You have to physically go to the store give in your application and say your name and of course be totally fake of who you really are. Haha. Next, the online applications are long and boring with a bunch of non sense questions. I'd totally rather doing the paper applications, they are short and sweet and get you off the couch. Especially, when you are unemployed.
So, after that rant your probably thinking, "Then why did she do the online applications?" Simply because when they have an online application they don't accept the paper applications. I will be going to the stores that still do the paper applications on my next day off.
Since, I don't have a job, I need to get money from somewhere... I'm thinking about on September 1st to start attempting to apply to some more scholarships for next year. I need to get a head start on this. Any money that I could atleast use for books would help me out alot. This year we decided to rent the books, simply because most of my classes are just graduating requirements and I wont need the books for my actual career. Plus, it is way cheaper to rent the books. It cost us $160 to rent 4 books. I'm just going to buy the other 2 books with my loan and get them from the school.
Thursday, August 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment